- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Homemade chowder for busy mums to cook in under 30 minutes during the weekdays.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tin creamed corn (420g)
- 1 tin chick peas (400g)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 TBSP Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- corn chips (optional)
Notes... This is a vegetarian version of a clam chowder, but full of flavour and warming for a cold winter's day.
- In a medium size saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onion for a minute till soft. Add potatoes and carrots, continue to stir for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, cook until potato and carrots are easy to break when pushed by a fork.
- Add broccoli, chick peas and creamed corn. Stir to combine well, cook for another 2 minutes, season to taste. Turn off heat when broccoli is soft and soup starting to bubble again (1~2 minutes).
Recipe Corn chowder
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.