- Makes 80
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
This is a delicious creamy ravioli with a nice fresh sauce that isn’t too heavy. It takes a bit of effort to put together but the result is well worth it.
Ingredients (makes 80 ravioli, depending on size)
- 2 blocks Cream cheese, softened
- 1 can Imitation crab meat
- 3 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 900g Fresh pasta sheets (Created using the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker)
- 100g Butter
- 4 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Cups Thickened cream
- 2 Lemon rinds
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
Notes... The filling can be made up a day ahead of time to save a few minutes on the day. The ravioli can also be frozen and cooked later. Because this does make so much I like to use half as actually ravioli with the sauce recipe cut in half and turn the rest into fried ravioli, which is a great appetiser.
- Mix together the cream cheese, crab, shallots, garlic, Worchestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Working with one pasta sheet at a time cut into pieces 8cm wide working down the length of the sheet. Add roughly 2 tsp of the filling mixture of each piece, about halfway up, fold the piece of pasta in half and use a fork to seal the edges all the way around.
- Once the ravioli is sealed lay on a lightly floured surface while completing the rest of the ravioli.
- Boil water in a large stock pot.
- While waiting for the water to boil melt butter in a large sauce pan over medium heat, use whisk to move butter to prevent burning.
- Once the butter has melted add the shallots and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add thickened cream and simmer for 3 minutes.
- This is a good point to add the ravioli to your water if the water has begun boiling. The pasta should be cooked for 6-8 minutes and then removed with a slotted spoon to drain.
- While pasta is cooking add lemon rind and garlic to sauce, reduce heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove sauce from heat and sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Add 6 ravioli to each bowl and spoon about 1/4 cup of the sauce over the top and enjoy.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.