A VERY healthy alternative to store bought chips! Great to add some crunch to a salad or just to eat as a snack, kale chips are great for any meal or snack!
How do you make them??
Make them on the day, to eat on the day – they don’t tend to stay crisp for too long in an airtight container.
You have a couple of options as well, to suit every taste!
- A bunch of Curly Kale – I use 1-2 sticks of it – depending on what you are making them for
- Salt to taste – not too much, just a sprinkle
- You could also use – paprika, pepper, chilli, cumin, cayenne pepper – or a mixture of some or all of them! Just a sprinkle though.
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil or coconut oil or you could try a spray of oil
How to cook it
- Preheat on oven to 180 degrees C
- Line a tray with some baking paper
- Break the kale off the stalk and put into a bowl
- Add your flavours of choice – not too much though, just a sprinkle!
- Rub all the oil and flavours into the kale
- Lay out on the tray
- Cook in the hot oven until crunchy and slightly brown – between 5-10mins!