- Makes 25
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
April fools day is close to Easter this year, so make these Easter ‘Egg’ cookies to trick the kids.
Ingredients (makes 25 cookies)
- 1 cup Butter OR margarine
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 3 cups Plain flour, plus extra for the board when rolling out
- Icing sugar
- Yellow food colouring
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together then add slowly to the butter mix until all incorporated
- Roll out on lightly floured board to desired thickness, and cut out egg shapes
- Bake at 160 degrees fan forced for approximately 7 -10 minutes or until light in colour and just golden around the edges
- Allow to cool completely.
- Mix some icing sugar with a dribble of water to form a thin paste. Remove some and colour yellow with the food colouring
- Ice each biscuit in white, and then add a dollop of yellow to the middle and gently smooth until round like a yolk
- Allow to dry and the icing to set for a few hours
I didn't have an egg shaped cutter, so I just bent a metal egg ring into the shape I needed. They keep for up to 5 days in an air tight container