- Makes 12
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A simple yet delicious recipe that will please everyone!
Ingredients (makes 12 individual square serves)
- 3 Apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 125g Butter or Margarine
- 1 egg
- 40ml Milk
- Toss apples with self raising flour and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stovetop or in a small bowl in the microwave. Stir in egg.
- Pour butter and egg into the apple mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon into a greased and lined slice tin.
- Bake at 160 C fan forced - for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
Keeps for up to 3 days. It's lovely served either warm or cold. If kept in fridge it becomes denser and more moist