- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This Easy Date Slice is quick to make and it is even tastier with a slight crunch and the richness of the chocolate.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 )
- 4 weetbix Crushed
- 20 Dates (blended)
- 120g Cooking Chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup Dessicated Coconut
Notes... Great for kids and if they dont like dried fruit. This is a great recipe that hides them with the rich flavour from the chocolate.
- Place baking paper into a small slice tray. Sprinkle a small amount of the coconut onto the baking paper.
- In a food processor, blitz the dates (you may need to add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water).
- Crush the Weetbix into a larger mixing bowl and then add the blended date mixture and mix together with a wooden spoon (or your hands if you have some gloves).
- Press the mixture into the slice tray and chill for 10 - 15minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and spread over the top of the slice. Sprinkle with the rest of the coconut. Refrigerate again until set.
- Cut into small squares - dates are high in sugar and the chocolate is sugary too so you only need a small piece to satisfy!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.