- Serves 12
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 17 Ingredients
I have been making these muffins for about 10 years now and have received so many compliments about them. Although they contain a long list of ingredients, they are a healthy alternative to your traditional muffin and are full of wholesome goodness. I make a dairy free version, but regular cow’s milk can be used. And just omit the walnuts altogether for a great nut-free idea for the kids lunchbox!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 2 cups Carrot, grated
- 1 cup Zucchini, grated
- 1 Apple, grated
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Molasses
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 2 cups Spelt flour (or wholemeal plain flour)
- 3/4 cup Dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup Oat bran
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, pour 1/4 cup boiling water over raisins and soak for 10 mins. Drain.
- Add carrot, zucchini, apple and walnuts (if using) to the raisins and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a 12 cup muffin tin with olive oil.
- In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Add wet ingredients to the carrot, zucchini, apple and raisins. Mix thoroughly.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and then fold through the wet mixture until just combined.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tray and bake for 30-40 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack.