- Serves 12
- Makes 2
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
I’m a big fan of the pie maker and was really excited when Kmart launched their family sized pie maker. I love experimenting with pastry-free pies so I thought I would try out a blueberry muffin pie as my first family pie maker attempt. I sprinkled a crumble topping on top to take the pie to the next scrumptious level. The result was a crunchy crust with a soft, pillowy, moist inside, studded with delicious in-season blueberries. It’s a perfect size for the whole family to enjoy a treat.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 2 Family-Sized Pies)
- 2 Cups Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
- 3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 160 Grams Fresh Blueberries plus extra for decoration
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoon Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, softened
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinammon
- Measure out and Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla essence and milk.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients and very gently fold the mixture together. Do not over-mix - the batter may still be quite lumpy but that's OK.
- Fold in the fresh blueberries
- For the crumble, mix together the butter, sugar, flour and cinammon with your fingers until it resembles a breadcrumb-like crumble
- Add half the batter into the pie maker. No need to pre-heat the pie maker.
- Turn the pie maker on. Sprinkle half the crumble mixture over the top of the pie and close the pie maker.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then very carefully using a spatula turn the pie over and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- Poke a skewer of knife into the pie and if it comes up clean, your pie is ready. If not, you can turn the pie over again and cook until ready.
- Carefully remove the pie from the pie maker. Then add the rest of the batter to the pie maker and top with the crumble.
- Remove the pie when cooked. Decorate with fresh blueberries.
Recipe Family Pie Maker Blueberry Muffin Pie With Crumble Topping
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.