- Makes 8
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
A quick, easy and versatile flat bread recipe.
Ingredients (makes 8 pieces of flatbread)
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour (plus extra for kneading and rolling)
- 1 Cup Greek Yoghurt
- Olive oil
- Salt (optional)
Notes... I came across this on a blog and was instantly addicted! This goes great with dips so is perfect for entertaining. It also makes a yummy accompaniment to soup, or can be layered with your favourite sandwich (or pizza!) toppings.
- Preheat oven to 200-210°C
- Place yoghurt and 1 cup of the flour into a large mixing bowl and mix until combined (using hands is easiest as the mixture is quite thick)
- Add the rest of the flour a little bit at a time, until you have formed a dough ball. If the dough is too sticky (it depends on the brand of greek yoghurt you use), add a little extra flour.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured board or bench for 5 minutes, then section the dough into even pieces, depending on how big you want it to be (I generally keep halving the dough until I have 8 evenly sized pieces)
- Roll each piece into a ball, then roll flat on a lightly floured surface. Roll to the desired thickness (I have found that anything less than 1/2 cm works well, although If you want flat bread fingers to dip into dips and such go thicker), and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper (you will need 2 - 3 baking trays)
- Drizzle each piece with a generous amount of olive oil (rub it all over), and season with salt (optional), then pop in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Serve as is, or cut into fingers to accompany dip/soup etc.
Recipe Flat bread
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.