- Serves 16
- 2.5 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 19 Ingredients
Gran’s Ginger Ale Fruit Cake is a delightful fruitcake has been passed on through generations of our family and my great grandmother would beat and mix this cake by hand using a wooden spoon.
Do hope you enjoy! Also as you can see by the photo this yummy cake also makes a wonderful dessert, simply warm in the microwave and add ice cream or custard or be a devil and add both.
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 240ml Ginger ale
- 225g Sultanas
- 225g Currants
- 225g Raisins, chopped coarsely
- 113g Dates, seeded, chopped coarsely
- 112g Figs, chopped coarsely
- 8 pieces Crystalised ginger
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Rind
- 225g Butter
- 225g Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 280g Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 tablespoon Golden Syrup, lightly warmed
- 1 tablespoon Brandy
- 1 tablespoon Brandy, Extra
- 120g Pecans
- 100g Macadamias
- Soak fruit overnight in the ginger ale.
- Cream butter and sugar very well. Beat in eggs one at a time then add sifted flour and baking powder.
- Add soaked fruit and, lastly, vanilla essence, golden syrup and brandy.
- Spread evenly into pan. Decorate top with nuts.
- Bake for 11/2 to 2 hours in a paper-lined tin at 160C.
- Brush hot cake with extra brandy. Cover hot cake tightly with foil: cool in pan overnight.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.