- Serves 8
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
An easy yet very impressive dessert that will please young and the not so young. The choice of using orange juice for children is my best tip but apple juice also works just as well.
Wink Wink …why not make two ..one for the children and an adult version as well.
Seasons Greetings ..Have a Joyous Christmas and All the Very Best for the New Year EVERY ONE.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 packet of Butternut Snap Cookies
- 1 300ml bottle of lactose free cream (for whipping)
- 1 250g tub lactose free spreadable cream cheese
- 2 heaped tablespoons icing sugar
- Gentleman Jack Whiskey or Grog of your choice
- Blue decorating sugar
- Chocolate filled Silver Pearls
- For the youngens :
- omit the grog and use Orange Juice in its place.
- Use an electric beater to beat the cream, sugar and creamed cheese in a bowl until firm peaks form.
- Pour a little Grog into a shallow bowl.
- Spread a little cream mixture onto the base of a serving plate, then quickly working with one biscuit at a time, dunk into grog and then spread a little of the cream onto the biscuit, stand in the cream on the serving plate, repeat and then sandwich with another biscuit. Continue repeating this step until all biscuits have been used and form a log.
- Spread remaining cream mixture over log to cover entirely and sprinkle with decorating sugar and silver pearls. Cover loosely with foil, then place in refrigerator to set for a good few hours.
1/ I prefer to use silver pearls instead of the old fashioned silver cachous ...these new pearls are way more gentle on your teeth. 2/ To create a beautiful stripy pattern, slice on an angle. 3/ I used butternut snap biscuits for my recipe but you can use chocolate ripple or for the gluten intolerant folk any gluten free biscuits ...experiment and have fun and MERRY CHRISTMAS.