- Makes 10
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 17 Ingredients
A healthy and tasty snack or lunch which can be enjoyed by the kids or by adults at home or in school lunchboxes!
Ingredients (makes 10 fritters)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin and ground coriander
- pinch cayenne pepper (if desired)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 cups corn kernels (frozen)
- 1 red capsicum, chopped finely
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 1 avocado cut into 1cm pieces (Salsa)
- 1 lebanese cucumber cut into 1cm pieces (Salsa)
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped finely (Salsa)
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves (Salsa)
- 1 tbspn lime juice (Salsa)
- 1 green onion chopped finely (Salsa)
- Sift flours, baking powder and spices into a medium bowl. Gradually whisk in combined egg and water until the batter is smooth. Stir in corn, capsicum and onion and season to taste.
- Heat half the oil in a large frypan; pour a large spoonful of batter for each fritter into the pan (depending on the size you would like) and spread into a round shape. You can easily cook 3 - 4 fritters at the same time.
- Cook the fritters for approximately 2 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan, cover to keep warm and repeat with remaining mix.
- To make the avocado salsa - combine all ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Serve fritters with salsa and extra coriander - Enjoy!