Looking for a nice healthy snack you can make? Here is a yummy HEALTHY Muesli Bar Recipe to try.
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 3/4 cup walnuts (org recipe used macadamias, and so did I , but next time I will try with walnuts!)
- 1/4 cup raw pepitas (or pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (I use the macro brand, because it doesn’t have Preservative 220 in it)
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped (org recipe used dried cranberries)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey – I am not a big honey fan, so I put a bit less in – next time I will put less in and add some more coconut for sweetness
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- I would add a sprinkle of Chia seeds too – I didn’t with these ones, but will next time!
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C
- Place your almonds andwlanuts in your food processor and continue to pulse until you have tiny chunks, you don’t want the consistency of flour, keep it rough.
- Transfer the mixture to your mixing bowl and add all of the remaining ingredients
- Mix well with a spoon, to ensure an even distribution of ingredients
- Grease a 9×9 Square baking dish with coconut oil and then transfer your nut mixture to the dish – smooth out.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the center of your bars pass the toothpick test
- Once done, remove from the oven and let cool on the counter in the pan
- Once you can handle the pan without oven mitts, place the bars in the refrigerator and let cool completely
- Remove from the fridge and then slice into bars of the size of your choice – I would recommend about 4-5cm in length and 2-3 cm wide – you don’t want them too big as a snack!
- Individually wrap them in plastic wrap and leave at room temperature or place back in the refrigerator and take them everywhere as snacks.
These ones were a bit over cooked, they should be slightly lighter – I did cook them at a higher temp for longer, so cut back the temp and the cooking time here!