- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
I was given some organic chillies and thought a nice clean sauce would be a great idea!
Ingredients (makes 1 Bottle or Jar)
- 4 Jalapeno chilies
- 2 cups water (and extra 1 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 dash sesame oil (optional)
- First put your gloves on, cut chillies in halves length wise, take seeds out if you prefer a milder flavour. Cut them in strips then dice finely. (WARNING: Do not touch your face or eyes when cutting chillies. If you do by accident please rinse with cold water and apply burn treatment ointment or something similar to reduce sting).
- Place water, sugar and vinegar in small saucepan, stir until sugar dissolves and comes to a boil, then turn the heat down a little until the syrup reduced slightly. Add diced chilli and sea salt to liquid and continue to cook for a minute.
- Mix cornflour with 1 Tbsp of water, then add to liquid. Stir and turn off heat when sauce has thickened. Add sesame oil. Cool, then pour into sterilised bottle or jar.