Honey Joys are my go to snack recipe for school lunches. My kids like helping me make them especially when it’s party food for one of their parties.
Their favourite job is to mix the butter, sugar and honey together with the cornflakes. They are also really good at spooning the mixture into the patty pan with paper cases.
Honey Joys are more than just a sweet treat and an awesome birthday party (or sneaky lunchbox) treat … they’re a trip down memory lane too!
Our favourite flakes for these are actually Woolworths Crunchy Corn Flakes – the perfect texture for Honey Joys.
Sometimes I’ll let the kids put chocolate chips through the mix or decorate with sprinkles too. YUM!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 2 cups Cornflakes (any brand)
- 2 tbs Honey
- 40g Butter
- 1 tbs Castor sugar (fine to leave out)
- Preheat oven 160deg and line patty cakes (makes aprox 12 pending how generous you are)
- In a saucepan melt butter and combine honey and sugar (if using) in and stir until bubbling. Remove from heat and fold in corn flakes.
- Serve into prepared cake pans and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Do you think you'll give this recipe a try? If you already have, let us know what you thought in the comments below. There are lots of different ways to make Honey Joys - go with the age old traditional recipe (like this one) or you might like to try a few alternatives: