- Makes 48
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Lovely little biscuits that are simple to make and also a good way to use up extra home made jams.
Ingredients (makes 48 biscuits)
- 250 grams butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essense
- 1 egg
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup jam (any flavour)
Notes... Also nice with lemon curd and any type of jam. Can add spices to the biscuit mix to give a different flavour combination to match with the jam filling (ginger, cinnamon etc).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and vanilla essence. Beat well.
- Sift and add flour to make a stiff dough. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls placing them on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Make a well in the middle of the ball using the back of a wooden spoon (this will also flatten them down). Put around 1/2 teaspoon of jam into the well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool before eating as jam will be quite hot.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.