A wonderful lemon & date oat cookies recipe perfect for a lunchbox or morning snack.
- Zest and juice from ½ a lemon
- 100ml of water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup oats
- ¼ cup honey
- Pre-heat an oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place lemon juice, zest, water, coconut, honey and chia seeds in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add oats and dates and mix together.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes to allow mixture to thicken.
- Squeeze together 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture, press flat to shape into a biscuits and place on the baking tray.
- Once all biscuits are arranged on the tray bake in pre-heated oven for 15 – 20mins, or until just golden.