- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
This delicious recipe was developed by Margan Restaurant to celebrate A Little Bit of Italy in Broke. Enjoy with a savoury, medium bodied red wine!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g Fresh Linguini
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 50g Dried Porcini (soaked as per instructions)
- 5 Eshallots, sliced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 25g Butter
- 1 tsp Each of chopped thyme, oregano, basil, flat parsley
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch Salt and pepper
- To taste Parmesan, shaved to serve
- 4 Eggs
- To taste Truffle oil
- On the stove, heat a large saucepan with water to rapid boil (for the pasta) and a broader, shallow one to a depth of about 8cm with water and 1 teaspoon vinegar (for the eggs).
- Heat oil in a wide pan on high heat. Add the olive oil and mushrooms (Swiss and porcini) and cook until golden brown. Then add the eshallots, garlic and butter and cook for another minute. Set aside.
- To poach eggs, crack them gently into the simmering water. Poach for 2 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon into a shallow bowl.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water to al dente (slightly firm to the bite). Drain.
- Toss the pasta with the mushrooms. Add all the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pasta and mushrooms in each bowl and gently top with the poached egg. Drizzle with truffle oil and the parmesan and a little black pepper.
Recipe Linguini of wild mushrooms with poached egg
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.