- Makes 1
- 100 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
This casserole is to die for.
Ingredients (makes 1 Baking dish)
- 1 kg Chicken breasts, cubed or shredded
- 10-12 Small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup Bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Spring onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 240 degrees Celsius
- In a large bowl, mix together olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder. Add the potatoes and coat with mixture. Place the potatoes into a greased baking dish, leave as much of the mix as possible. Bake potatoes for 1 hr.
- Flip the potatoes every 15-20 minutes. Check with a fork to ensure the potatoes are done. While the potatoes are baking, coat the chicken with the left over mixture and cook in a skillet over medium heat, until the chicken is done (no longer pink inside!) Once the potatoes are done, take them out of the oven and turn the oven temperature down to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the chicken, cheese, bacon & green onions. Put the casserole back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This can be served with sour cream.