- Makes 35 Biscuits
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
These Macadamia butter biscuits are so delicious!
Australia is the birthplace of macadamias and the story of The World’s Finest Nut began thousands of years ago. Today, they are grown in the same rich, fertile soils and have the natural advantage of being grown in their country of origin.
*Macadamia butter is easy to make – see the recipe.
Ingredients (makes 35 Biscuits )
- 1 cup macadamia butter*
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, sifted
- 1 cup unsalted roasted macadamias, finely chopped
- 35 honey roasted macadamias for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper. Place macadamia butter, unsalted butter, honey and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for about 2 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in the flour and soda, then add the chopped macadamias and stir through.
- Place a heaped teaspoonful on the baking trays, allowing room to spread, and flatten slightly. Place a honey roasted macadamia in the centre of each biscuit and bake for 9-10 minutes, or until cooked and lightly golden.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely before eating.
This recipe is courtesy of The Australian Macadamia Society.