- Serves 2
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This Mediterranean chicken with sweet potato mash is a very tasty recipe and very easy to make – it’s a favourite at our place.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 20 sliced olives
- some capers
- 1 big sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp greek yogurt
- dried rosemary
- Peel the sweet potato, cut in cubes and boil for around 25 minutes. (Check with the fork to see if it's cooked)
- Dice the onion and cook it in olive oil in a saucepan. Add the can of tomatoes to the saucepan and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the sliced olives, some capers and salt. Cook for another 5 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- In a frying pan cook the chicken in olive oil till slightly brown. Around 15-20 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce to the frying pan and cook for another 5 minutes.
- By now the sweet potato should be ready, drain it and mash it. Then add salt, some dried rosemary and the yoghurt.
- Serve the chicken with the mash and enjoy!