- Serves 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
A super tasty pasta sauce that is packed with vegetables and extra filling because of the chorizo. An easy midweek dinner!
Is your bathroom as clean as your kitchen? Might be time to rethink what you’re using. See why Dettol Healthy Clean Bathroom Rapid Foam is rating so well in MoM member REVIEWS.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 Large Chorizo sausages (diced)
- 2 Large Zucchini (diced to similar size as Chorizo)
- 8 - 10 Medium Mushrooms (diced as above)
- 1 Medium Brown Onion (diced as above)
- 1 450g tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 Red Capsicum (diced as above)
- 1 cup Cauliflower (chopped into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup Mixed olives (ideally pitted)
- 1kg Pasta (fusilli, penne, spaghetti - your choice)
- 1 cup Steamed Kale leaves (central stems removed)
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Add the olive oil, the garlic, the onion, the red capsicum and the chorizo to a deep sided frypan on medium to high and saute until the chorizo starts to release the fats and the other ingredients start to sweat.
- Add the mushrooms, zucchini, cauliflower and continue to saute for 2 - 3 minutes (taking care not to stick and burn any ingredients).
- Add the can of tomatoes, another half tin of water then cover and continue to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes (check every few minutes to ensure no sticking).
- Take the lid off the frypan and check the consistency of the sauce at this stage. If it's too runny, leave the lid off and allow it to bubble away until the sauce reduces and gets to a thickness you like. Stir the olives through at the last minute.
- Serve with pasta and some steamed kale leaves torn over the top.