- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This would have to be one of the easiest Bread and Butter Puddings I’ve ever made. It’s absolutely fool-proof, and delicious hot or cold.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon each Ground Cinnamon & Ground Nutmeg
- 125 gm Butter
- 5 teaspoons Jam of choice
- 5 slices Bread or Fruit Loaf
- 1 cup Dried Mixed Fruit/Fruit Medley
- Heat milk in microwave on High for 5 minutes. Using a whisk, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla essence together in a large jug.
- Butter bread and spread with a little jam, then sprinkle each slice lightly with cinnamon and nutmeg. Grease a 2 litre casserole dish with butter, cut bread into 1 cm cubes and place bread in casserole dish. Sprinkle with Dried Fruit/Fruit Medley.
- Mix eggs with milk and pour over bread. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the top, also a little sugar. Bake in microwave for 25-30 minutes at 50% power.
- Allow pudding to rest for 10 minutes, before serving with cream and/or ice-cream and/or custard.
You can also use croissants or fruit buns in place of bread or fruit loaf. And if you don't fancy dried fruit or fruit medley, the pudding is equally delicious with diced apple, fresh/frozen raspberries and choc chips. If I'm using dried fruit or fruit medley, I usually use apricot jam, and if I'm using apple, raspberries and choc chips, I use blackberry jam. Don't be afraid to experiment with different combinations of bread products, jam and fruit. Whatever you use, I can guarantee the finished result will be eaten with gusto.