- Makes 12
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
I often serve these bite-sized flaky morsels to those unexpected “we are just going to pop in” guests. Not only are they tasty but quick to make.
Ingredients (makes 12 croissants)
- 3 sheets Puff pastry, frozen
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Allow pastry to thaw slightly. Place pastry on a cutting board and cut each square in half and then cut each rectangle diagonally so you have 4 right-angled triangles. Repeat the same way with the other two sheets so you have 12 triangles in total.
- Place a teaspoon of Nutella in the middle of the widest end (not the diagonal) of each triangle and brush the remaining tail with beaten egg.
- Starting at the wider end,(not the diagonal) roll each triangle up to the very tip. Place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant. Bend a curve in each pastry.
- Place on baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly & dust with icing sugar
You could use substitute choc bits or jam in place of Nutella.