A bright and colourful treat designed to bring back those memories of 80’s school fetes! Guaranteed to sell and quickly at the kids cake stalls, these are always a winner. These are a simple way to add a table treat in the colour of your party theme as well. Mix red, green, and blue for Sesame Street!
Ingredients (makes 15 )
- 3 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- Food Colouring
- 15 Patty Pans
- Optional Sprinkles
- Combine sugar, water, and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar disolves. *Tip* Sugar needs to be stirred continually to avoid burning.
- Increase heat and bring to boil for 20 minutes. Mixture is ready when a small drop hardens when dipped in cold water.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool briefly until all bubbles subside.
- Stir through drops of chosen food colouring until mixture reaches desired colour. More drops equal brighter toffee's.
- Pour small quantities into colourful patty pans.
- If decorating with sprinkles, allow mixture to settle for 5 minutes
- Place toffees in the fridge until set. Allow to set overnight for best results.