- Makes 1
- 1.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Something a little different to try! Super moist and light and fluffy, this Orange Juice Cake will be a hit at your next gathering!
Ingredients (makes 1 cake)
- 1 box Plain Vanilla Cake mix (I used the home brand)
- 1 packet Orange jelly
- 3/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 cup Fresh orange juice
- 4 Eggs
- 1 1/2 TBS Orange zest
- 1/4 SR flour *MAY NOT BE NEEDED- ONLY ADD IF MIX IS TOO RUNNY*
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C and line a cake pan (I used a springform pan) with baking paper
- Combine the Cake Mix, Jelly, Oil, Orange Juice, zest and Eggs in a mixing bowl, and beat for 2 minutes. Make sure the sides are scraped down to incorporate all the mix scraping the bowl regularly.
- If the mixture is too runny, add in the extra ¼ cup of SR flour and thoroughly mix it in to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared tin and bake 40- 55 minutes or until springy when you touch the cake. If cake starts to brown too much on the top while cooking, lightly cover with alfoil to stop this.
- Remove from the oven – let stand 5 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely
- You can make a glaze for this cake using 1 cup Icing Sugar and 2 TB Fresh Orange Juice mixed together, or just dust with icing sugar
Recipe Orange Juice Cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.