- Serves 4
- 55 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
More hearty than a risotto.. this Panissa Rice is a real family pleaser! Serve with a fresh green salad to keep it nice and light.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- %0 gram piece smoked pancetta, cut into 1cm chunks
- 50 grams salami , chopped roughly
- 2 med onions , roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery , chopprd roughly
- 1 litre beef stock
- 1 bunch ( 30 gm) fresh rosemary
- 300 grams arborio rice
- 250 mls red wine
- 400gm tin tomatoes
- 400gm tin borlotti beans
- 4 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley , chopped fine
Notes... Hearty and filling this rice is cooked in the same way as a risotto but is a bit more of a meal. They say you know its ready when the spoon can stand up in the middle of it !
- Place the meats into a cold pan over a med-high heat , to let fat render . stir occasionally
- Stir the celery and onions in to the meat , cook for 10 minutes.or until soft, stirring occasionally
- in a separate pan , simmer the stock and rosemary
- Stir rice into the veg mixture to toast for 2 minutes, then pour in the wine and let cook away.
- Roughly mash tomatoes ( or used diced) then start adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, letting each addition cook away before adding the next. Keep an eye on it at this time and stir constantly for about 20 minutes. ( or until rice is cooked, but not too soft) ( discard the rosemary )
- Drain the beans and add to the rice with the last ladelfull of stock.
- Season to taste with black pepper
- stir in parsley Sprinkle with parmesan if desired
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.