This pear, macadamia & quinoa muffins recipe creates delicious baked treats – a healthier muffin alternative compared with many sugar and fat laden café style varieties. If you don’t have any quinoa flour you can substitute it with wholemeal (or white) plain flour. Remember to make a double batch as they will disappear before you know it and you’ll want extras for the freezer.
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour (or wholemeal plain flour)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup macadamia oil (or coconut or olive oil)
- 1 pear, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup macadamias, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a 12 hole regular muffin tin with paper cases.
- Combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, rolled oats and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold through the pear and macadamias being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon into the muffin cases and bake for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.