- Serves 2
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This pesto crumbed salmon is a quick and easy pesto recipe.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 cloves garlic
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- salt to taste
- 2 salmon steaks
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed - to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Combine basil, pine nuts, parmesan and garlic in a food processor. When well combined, add olive oil in a steady stream with the motor still running. Combine pesto and breadcrumbs and salt.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 6cm deep, 20cm x 28cm (base) baking dish with baking paper.
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Place salmon steaks skin side down. Let fry for 3 to 4 minutes, until skin is crispy. Remove from pan and transfer to baking dish.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in prepared dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup crumb mixture over top of each, pressing on lightly with fingertips.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes (depending on fish thickness) or until cooked to your liking. Serve with asparagus and lemon wedges.
Recipe Pesto crumbed salmon with asparagus
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.