- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This pumpkin, spinach and craisin brown rice salad is a simple yet tasty salad.
Ingredients (makes 1 Salad)
- 1 Butternut pumpkin, de-seeded, peeled, and cut into 3cm pieces
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 cups Brown rice
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate craisins
- 50 grams Baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees c (180 degrees c fan-forced). Spread pumpkin out on baking paper lined tray, spray with oil, and season with salt and pepper (if desired). Bake for 20-25 mins, turning once, until pumpkin is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to directions, then drain and set aside in large bowl to cool. Once cool, add pumpkin, craisins and spinach.
- Combine maple syrup and olive oil in a screw top jar and shake well. Prior to serving, drizzle over salad, toss to combine, and serve.
A great way to use up leftover roast pumpkin. The quantities don't need to be precise - I generally just ballpark it, depending on how much of everything I have in the fridge.