- Serves 4
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
A Delicious, healthy and light meal that is perfect for the summer weather. This is also a good way to “hide” veggies from children who are fussy eaters
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 5-6 Eggs (depending on the size of the dish)
- 1/2 cup Grated cheese
- 300ml Cream
- 1/2 bunch Eschallots chopped
- 1 Zucchini grated
- 2 Frozen puff pastry sheets
- 4 Rashers of bacon (omit for a vegetarian option)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C, place fozen pastry on bench to thaw and reach room temperature. Grease a pie dish. Place thawed puff sheets into dish leaving overhanging bits as pastry shrinks when cooked. If layering pastry to fit dish ensure that overlaps a firmly pressed to ensure seal.
- Blind bake* your quiche pastry shell for 10 mins with pasrty weights (or uncooked rice) on baking paper. Remove from oven take out baking paper and weights and blind bake for another 5-10mins until base is cripy and just browned. Leave oven on and put aside baked pie case until ready for filling. *blind baking is when pastry is pre baked empty to ensure golden crusty texture to avoid a soggy pastry bottom.
- In a bowl combine all remaining ingredients and lightly mixed in by hand to avoid whipping the eggs and cream. Pour filling into pastry case and bake for 45-50 minutes until the filling looks set and can be pierced by a cake tester and come out clean. Serve hot from oven or cooled with a side of salad.
Can be made with gluten free pastry or without pastry base at all for a gluten free diet