- Makes 20
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
A fun way to turn 'gingerbread men' into reindeer!
Ingredients (makes 20 biscuits)
- 185g butter softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups good quality plain flour
- 1 cup milk chocolate, melted (to decorate)
- 20 red and green M&M's (to decorate)
- blue icing (to decorate)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy, then add the egg. Beat until combined.
- Sift flour over butter mixture, and using a wooden spoon, stir to combine.
- Roll biscuit dough out between 2 sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick. Use a 'gingerbread man' shaped cookie cutter to cut out dough.
- Place on prepared trays, 4cm apart. Re-roll remaining dough and repeat until all used.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden. For even colouring, swap trays halfway through cooking time.
- When completely cooled, melt the chocolate and put into a piping bag fitted with a thin nozzle.
- Turn cookies upside down, so the legs of the person are facing up, and pipe antlers onto each leg. Then pipe in the ears, mouth and eye brows.
- Using a small dab of chocolate, glue a M&M onto each one for a nose.
- Finally, using the white chocolate pipe two small dots for eyes and add a dot of blue colouring for the centre of the eye.
- Allow chocolate to set before transferring to a plate to serve
These will keep for a week in an air tight container.