- Serves 6
- Makes 1
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 17 Ingredients
Roast vegetables don’t always have to be cooked for hours. This wonderful Roast Vegetable Salad with Garlic Aioli delivers a light, crisp and tasty recipe that is still huge on flavour!
What do we love about this Roast Vegetable Salad?
- This Roast Vegetable Salad with Garlic Aioli recipe brings to life a host of vegetables such as cauliflower, brussel sprouts, dutch carrots and baby radish.
- This recipe comes together in a flash – literally 30 minutes and a beautiful Roast Vegetable Salad is ready to serve.
- The Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste works beautifully across all three elements – the salad, the sourdough crumb and the garlic aioli.
What should you serve with this Roast Vegetable Salad?
The wonderful thing about the combination of flavours in this salad is that they will work perfectly on their own, alongside a beautifully grilled piece of beef, lamb or chicken or as a side to a casserole or curry.
Dressing alternatives to Garlic Aioli.
If you’re thinking you would find the garlic aioli a little too strong (or you’re not a fan), whipping up a simple, tasty dressing is easy.
Combine 3 tablespoons of Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons or Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 teaspoon of caster sugar, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard in a wide mixing bowl and whisk until the dressing is creamy and thick. If you don’t have a whisk, pop all the dressing ingredients into a small glass jar or a plastic container with a tightly fitting lid and shake like mad.
We hope you enjoy this Roast Vegetable Salad recipe. In developing this recipe, we discovered that with Bertolli, the recipe is simple!
What do you think of this Roast Vegetable Salad? Do you think it’s going to top of your Simple Recipes list?
Let us know in the comments below …
Bertolli is the world’s no. 1 olive oil brand. Bertolli Organic is a range of extra virgin olive oils from organically grown olives. There are three flavour intensities so you can enjoy extra virgin with any dish; Gentile with a mellow, rounded flavour that goes well with white fish and other light flavours, Fruity with a fruity note that works well in dressings, marinades or for bread dipping and Robusto which pairs well with red meat or when roasting or BBQing. Bertolli Organic extra virgin olive oil contains just crushed olives, nothing else. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants. The Bertolli Organic range carry the Australian Certified Organic logo.
Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available at Woolworths and selected IGA stores nationally.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 1 Family Salad)
- 8 Dutch Carrots, peeled with small stems remaining
- 6 Baby Radish, cut in half with small stems remaining
- 1/2 Small Cauliflower, cut into florets
- Handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 cups Baby Spinach & Rocket Salad Mix
- 1/4 Purple Cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste
- 1 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp Honey
- 3 large slices Sourdough Bread, preferably a few days old
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 tbsps Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 large clove Garlic
- 1 cup Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Fruity Taste
- 1 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- ROAST THE VEGETABLES: Preheat oven to 220.C Peel the carrots, cut the radish and brussel sprouts in half, cut the cauliflower into small florets. Place these into a large bowl and coat with a 1/2 cup Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil Organic Fruity Taste, a little flaked sea salt, white pepper and a drizzle of honey. Toss well and then spread onto a large baking tray. Bake for 10 - 15mins (or long enough for the vegetables to brown slightly but still be crisp).
- TOAST THE SOURDOUGH CRUMB: Place chunks of the sourdough bread into a food processor and whizz until you have large crumbs (or break up by hand). Add the olive oil to a non stick pan and bring to a moderate heat. Toast the bread crumbs and the slivered almonds until lightly browned and crispy.
- MAKE THE GARLIC AIOLI: Combine the egg, egg yolk, garlic and salt and whizz on full speed in your food processor. Add the olive oil in a very slow and steady stream while the food processor is on. If there is no opening at the top of the food processor, add 2 tablespoons at a time and whizz in between. Once all the oil has been combined, you should have a thick, creamy aioli that sit sit firmly on a spoon. If not, process for another minute.
- ASSEMBLE THE SALAD: Place the Baby Spinach, Rocket, Cherry Tomatoes and purple cabbage onto a large platter then add the Winter veges. Toss gently then drizzle with a little olive oil and a teaspoon of honey. Serve with the garlic aioli in a small bowl alongside.
If you like this Roast Vegetable Salad recipe, you might also like these other recipes we developed using Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ...
- Focaccia Bread with Cheese - a simple recipe for the tastiest focaccia you'll ever taste.
- Chocolate Puddings - if you've never tasted a pudding made with olive oil, get ready for a flavour sensation. Rich, glossy and so simple!