- Makes 15
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
A very quick no fuss creamy ice cream recipe but oh so delicious especially if you love the taste of the old fashioned vanilla ice cream of yesteryear! You do not need a large serve as it is a little on the rich side. I have made it with the vanilla and without as omitting the vanilla reduces the sweetness. Vanilla essence could be used instead of the extract as it is not as strong in flavour.
Ingredients (makes 15 average serves)
- 600 ml Cream, full fat
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract (optional)
- Chill the cream, then whip until thick and fluffy in a large bowl.
- Gradually add chilled condensed milk and mix well.
- Add vanilla extract if desired and stir in gently until well mixed in.
- Pour mixture into a container and place in fridge freezer to set.
This recipe is a family favourite and hubby and I have done some basic and unusual experimenting with this recipe. Here are some things we have tried. Swirl some raspberry or strawberry jam throughout the ice cream mixture by using a skewer prior to placing it in the freezer to set. Hubby put a small quantity of ice cream mix aside and divided it into 2 small containers. In the first one he swirled a little sweet chili sauce through it and the second one he used smoky barbecue sauce. Let me assure you that was unique and very different. Actually the one with the sweet chilli was quite nice. It makes me wonder how chilli chocolate would go!