- Serves 4
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
You can make this delicious popcorn in under 20 minutes and enjoy while watching your favourite movie late at night. It can keep for 3 days.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Cup Popped Corn (in butter or olive oil)
- 1 Cup Brown sugar loosely packed
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Coffee extract
- Pinch of Sea salt
Notes... Have you noticed how expensive the so-called gourmet popcorns are nowadays? Either they are too salty or not to your taste. This is the answer - easy, quick and low cost to make, and best of all you know what's in it (no chemicals). Adjust the level of sweetness or saltiness as you like. The vanilla coffee flavour can be changed to anything you fancy.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees. Follow the instructions on the packet on how to pop the corn. Once popped lay out on 2 baking sheets lined with baking paper.
- Add brown sugar, pinch of sea salt and water to a small saucepan, stir until sugar is dissolved and let it come to the boiling point, add vanilla and coffee extract, stir and turn off heat immediately. Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Being careful, use a large spoon to drizzle syrup evenly on popcorn. Bake in centre shelf of oven for 10 minutes. Let them cool on rack for 5 minutes or cool enough to handle by hand, break up the lumps. Enjoy!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.