- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 5 Ingredients
When a craving for something sweet hits, it can be tempting to sabotage a healthy diet with an unhealthful sweet treat. This recipe for Roasted Honey Cinnamon Chickpeas will satisfy a sweet tooth without ruining a diet. Unlike crunchy green peas that are savoury, these crunchy chickpeas are sweet and nutritious.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 x 440ml can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celcius. Prepare a large baking pan by lightly spraying it with cooking spray and then set it aside.
- Open the chickpeas and pour into a strainer. Run cool water over the chickpeas until the starch is removed and the water runs clear. Spread the chickpeas onto several paper towels and gently rub dry. The skins may be gently removed if desired. The chickpeas should be as dry as possible in order for them to become crunchy as they bake.
- In a small bowl, mix through the brown sugar and cinnamon together until they are thoroughly combined. Stir the canola oil into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Pour the chickpeas into the bowl and gently stir until they are completely coated in the mixture. Spread the chickpeas out evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the pan into the oven and roast the chickpeas for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently stir. Place the pan back into the oven and roast for an additional 20 minutes.
- Immediately place the hot chickpeas into a small bowl. Drizzle with honey and stir gently until thoroughly coated. Spread evenly back onto the baking sheet and allow to dry completely.
- Once completely cooled, place the chickpeas into an airtight container. They can be stored for up to a week at room temperature.
Recipe Roasted honey cinnamon chickpeas
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.