These Scrambled Egg and Ham Pies are such a yummy way to enjoy eggs! These pies are simple to make, and are great for picnics or a lunch on the go. They are delicious hot or cold, and a great source of protein!
Ingredients (makes 4 Individual pies)
- 4 Eggs
- 1 large Spring onion, chopped
- handful Baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup Ham/bacon, diced
- 2 TBS Milk (plus extra to brush tops of pies with)
- 1/4 cup Grated cheese
- Red capsicum, diced (amount to your liking)
- 2 sheets Puff pastry
- dried parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. Beat the eggs and milk together. Add in all other ingredients (apart from puff pastry) and stir to combine. Set aside
- Lightly grease either individual small pie tins or a large muffin tin. Cut the pastry into 1/4's and press into the greased holes. Blind bake for around 10-12 minutes or until starting to golden around the edges./ Remove from the oven and set aside
- Melt a small amount of butter in a frying pan, and then add in the egg mix. Scramble the eggs by cooking on a medium heat, constantly 'pushing' the mix around so it doesn't settle for long in the pan. Once almost cooked, remove from heat.
- Put the filling in the pie cases, and cut the other piece of pastry into 1/4's and put the tops on each pie. Cut off any excess pastry and lightly press around the edges to seal.
- Brush the tops with milk , and put a small slit in the top to allow steam to escape Place back into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden