A quick and easy self saucing pudding. Loved so much by all the family, I usually double the recipe.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup SR Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 60 g Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 tbs Golden Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Boiling Water
- 30 g Butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
- Add melted butter and milk, combine thoroughly.
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- To make the butterscotch sauce: Combine the 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, 1 1/2 cups of hot water and 30g of butter in a saucepan, stir over low heat until butter melts.
- Pour butterscotch sauce over pudding carefully.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.