- Serves 6
- 85 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 29 Ingredients
The Slow Cooker Shredded Beef in this Beef Burrito Bowl Recipe is melt in your mouth tender and there’s more delicious gravy than usual for the rice.
Poh says “The best way to eat this is to have all the elements at the centre of the table for guest to design their own burrito bowls. It’s fun and works well for the fussy eaters”.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1kg Thick chuck or gravy beef steaks seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides
- Olive Oil for Searing
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsps Ground Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Ground Chilli
- 2 tsps Smoked Paprika
- 1 large Onion (Red or Brown), diced
- 400g Tin Black Beans or Red Kidney Beans
- 2 tbsps Tomato Paste
- For the SALSA
- 4 medium Tomatoes, diced to 1cm cubes
- 1/2 Red Onion, peeled and diced into 5mm pieces
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Coriander, roughly chopped including stems
- 1 tbsp Lime or Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- For the GUACAMOLE
- 3 Avocados, skins removed and diced to 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsps Lime or Lemon Juice
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Caster Sugar
- Other Bits & Pieces
- 2 cups Cooked Rice (any kind)
- 2 cups Grated Cheddar
- 2 cups Sour Cream
- Select BROWN/SEAR, then press START/STOP. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil into the Crock-Pot® Express Crock XL Multi-Cooker. When hot, sear the beef steaks on both sides until nicely browned, then set aside.
- Combine the 3 tablespoons of olive oil, all the spices and onion in the Crock-Pot. Cook until the onion is brown and spices fragrant. Add the beef, water and salt then press START/STOP. Secure the lid ensuring the steam release valve is in the seal (closed) position.
- Select MEAT/STEW, then press START/STOP. Once the cooking process has finished, carefully release the pressure. Remove the meat from the stock and shred with 2 forks. Return the beef to the stock and stir in the black beans.
- To make the salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix gently. To make the guacamole, combine all the guacamole ingredients in a bowl and mix gently.
- To serve, place all the beef, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese and rice in individual bowls at the centre of the table so everyone can design their own burrito bowls.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.