- Serves 2
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
If your a fan of seafood this recipe is a great healthy and light lunch or dinner option.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 Lrg Tablespoon Butter (Olive oil can be used as an alternative)
- 1.5 Kg Small mussels, scrubbed and bearded
- 6 Rashers Bacon, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely sliced
- Small bunch Parsley, roughly chopped
- Small bunch Thyme, roughly chopped
- 150 ml Cider
- 1 Loaf Crusty bread, to serve
Notes... My grandfather used to take me to pick mussels off the rocks and we would sit out the back and de-beard them together, then eat them for dinner with the local bakers finest fluffy crusty bread. Yum I just love it x
- Heat the butter in a large pan. Once hot, add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Add the shallots, thyme leaves and parsley leaves and cook until soft.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the mussels, garlic and cider. Place the lid on the pan, shake gently and allow to cook for approximately 5-7 mins, or until all the mussels have opened. Discard any closed mussels at the end of this process.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mussels to serving bowls and bring the remaining juices in the pan to the boil.
- Pour the sauce over the mussels and serve with thick rustic slices of crusty style bread.
Recipe Steamed Mussels with Parsley and Bacon
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.