Serve up these delicious stuffed turkey tomatoes and your family will be over the moon!
- 250g Steggles Turkey Shortcuts mince
- 4 x 250-300g truss tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 60g button mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup long grain brown rice
- 11/4 cup salt reduced chicken stock
- 1 Tbslp shredded basil leaves
- Fried salt reduced haloumi to serve
- Rocket to serve
1. Cut tops off the tomatoes and carefully scoop out the inside pulp. Chop the pulp and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium high heat and cook the onion and garlic until soft, stir in cumin. Add the turkey mince and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon until brown. Add the mushrooms and tomato pulp, cook for a further minute. Pour in rice and stock, stir until boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer until stock has evaporated and rice is cooked. Stir through basil. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. Place tomatoes on a baking tray. Spoon mince mixture into tomatoes and place lids on top. Bake in 160C preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until tomatoes are soft.
Serve with haloumi and rocket.