- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
This is a north indian – punjabi breakfast !
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 1 onion- chopped
- 1 tsp salt (according to taste)
- half tsp red chilli powder
- pinch garam masala (Indian store)
- half bunch chopped fresh corainder
- 2 cups kneaded wheat flour (dough)
- 1 tsp dry mango powder
- Boil the potatoes till you can pass a knife through. Peel the potatoes.
- Add potatoes in a wide bowl. Add onions, coriander, salt, chilli, garam masala, dry mango powder. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Scoop a round ball of dough and flatten little bit with the roller. Put on this dough - 2 tbsp of mashed potato mix and seal all together to form a ball again. so you now have kneaded dough ball filled with potato mash.
- Switch on the gas with a fry pan on top. When the pan is mild hot, flatten with roller. Place the flat roti/paratha/crepe on the pan. Cook one side and then turn. Do both sides. Apply butter on one side when almost done... and turn with the butter side down. - this makes the paratha crisp. Voils - tasty sunday breakfast ready !