- Serves 4
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Even if it’s summer, we love this dish made with brown rice!
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 150 g diced ham
- 100 g sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 80 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 handful wholegrain breadcrumbs, plus some more for coating
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
- Cook the brown rice in the water and some salt. (I pressure cooked it for 30 minutes in the All-in-One Cooker. If you cook it on the stove it will take slightly longer).
- In a pan slightly oiled, gently fry the mushrooms, capsicum and the ham.
- When the rice is cooked, mix it with the eggs and 40 grams of Parmesan cheese. (Leave the rest of the Parmesan cheese for later).
- Grease an oven casserole dish with olive oil and give it a coating of breadcrumbs.
- Pour half of the rice mixture into the dish. Press it down with your hands.
- On top of the rice place the mushrooms/ham mix, and the shredded cheese.
- Cover with the remaining rice.
- Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs and the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in hot oven for around 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe Stuffed rice cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.