- Makes 1
- 90 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
A very easy Tarte Tatin recipe using frozen puff pastry. Good for dessert after dinner.
Ingredients (makes 1 18cm round cake pan)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4-5 apples
- 80g caster sugar
- 30g unsalted butter
Notes... If you have oven-proof frying pan or skillet, its even easier! Cook apples in the oven proof pan or skillet, cover with pastry, and bake it. Don't need to transfer to another pan.
- Peel and core the apples, and cut into 6-8 wedges.
- Heat the butter and sugar in a small pan over high heat until butter melts and sugar has dissolved. Add the apples, simmer and cook over low heat for 30 minutes or until bases of apples are golden (and the caramel sauce is still remaining). Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line the base of 18cm round cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Pour the caramel sauce on the bottom of cake pan with spoon, then arrange the apples. Place the pastry over apples, tucking any excess underneath
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then turn out on a serving plate.
- Serve warm with double cream or vanilla ice-cream (optional). Enjoy!
Recipe Tarte Tatin
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.