- Makes 20
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
These pasties are delicious hot or cold. A couple of pasties with vegies on the side makes a good main meal, or they’re great to serve at parties, picnics and BBQs. Very popular in lunchboxes too.
Ingredients (makes 20 pasties)
- 1 medium White Onion
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 240 gm Tuna in brine (well drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 cup White Sauce
- 1 cup Potato (finely diced & lightly steamed)
- 1 cup Peas & Corn Kernels (lightly steamed)
- 1 cup Carrots (finely diced & lightly steamed)
- 1 teaspoon Parsley (finely chopped)
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 packet Puff Pastry Slices
- 1 Egg (beaten with a little milk)
Notes... I sometimes add a little garlic to the white sauce, and a pinch of dill, which really complements the flavour of the tuna. And you can substitute a couple of spring onions for the regular onion. I like to sprinkle a few poppy seeds over the top of the pasties after they're glazed, but before they go in the oven.
- Finely chop onion and saute in butter until soft. Add onion to white sauce with all remaining ingredients (except pastry), and mix well. Cool completely before using.
- Place each pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface, and cut into 4 equal squares. Place a spoonful of tuna mixture on one diagonal half of each square, dampen the edges of the pastry with a little milk & egg mix, and seal corner-wise. Use a fork to gently press around the edges of each pasty to ensure they are sealed.
- Line several baking trays with baking paper, and place pasties on trays. Glaze the top of each pasty with a little milk and egg mix, and bake at 230 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
Recipe TUNA PASTIES
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.