- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is my mother-in-law’s recipe, but I’ve seen ‘Fast Eddy’ from Better Homes & Gardens do something very similar and serve it in witlof at a dinner party. My daughter loves it wrapped in a lettuce leaf while the boys prefer it on a sandwich. We never go on a picnic without this chicken.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200g Chicken Breast, sliced
- 6 Cloves
- 3 Celery Sticks
- 1 Cup Pecans (substitute pepitas for a nut-free version)
- 1 Bunch Chives
- 4-5 Tbs Natural Yoghurt
- Put cloves in a saucepan full of water and bring to the boil. Add chicken and reduce to a simmer until chicken is cooked through
- While chicken is cooking, finely dice celery and pecans and chop the chives and add to a mixing bowl.
- Remove chicken from the broth and dice whilst still steaming hot (watch your fingers!). Add to the other ingredients and add the yoghurt to the warm mixture. As the chicken cools, it will absorb some of the yoghurt and prevent it from becoming too dry. Serve on bread or on lettuce cups.