- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 16 Ingredients
This chicken and quinoa salad recipe is courtesy of Zoe Bingley-Pullin on behalf of My Food Bag.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- QUINOA SALAD
- 1 cup tri-colour quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 175g green beans
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/2 red capsicum
- ORANGE VINAIGRETTE
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley leaves
- 1 orange, Zest and juice
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 3 pack chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Bring a full kettle to the boil. Combine quinoa, water and salt in a small pot. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let steam, still covered, for a further 5 minutes. Drain any remaining liquid and set aside to cool slightly.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the vinaigrette. Combine parsley, orange zest and juice, honey, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Mix well, season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and slice into steaks. To do this, place your hand flat on top of the chicken breast and use a knife to slice through the middle horizontally to make 2 thin steaks. Heat oil in a large fry-pan on medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and fry in batches until cooked through, 2-3 minutes each side. Set aside to rest for a few minutes, then slice.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the remaining salad ingredients. Trim green beans and halve lengthways; trim asparagus ends and cut into 4cm pieces; cut capsicum into thin strips. Set capsicum aside. Place beans and asparagus into a small bowl, cover with boiling water, leave for 1-2 minutes, drain and refresh in cold water.
- Toss all quinoa salad ingredients with chicken and vinaigrette in a large bowl. TO SERVE, divide salad between plates
Recipe Zoe’s chicken quinoa salad with orange vinaigrette
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.