I generally love it. I know there are arguments for too much, but I like gadgets.

I love getting a new phone. I know it’s only a phone, though these days they do so much more. I will totally buy a phone that cooks me dinner one day – uh huh I will.

I love the portability of gadgets these days. A plane ride for example can be sooooooo less boring with an iPad loaded with Apps on hand.

I love a robot voice telling me where to go- reason being it’s probably the only time someone can tell me where. to .go and I won’t mind .

Ovens clean themselves. Cars brake themselves. Irons iron themselves. No wait I am still waiting for that one. One day soon I hope!

Today technology was not my friend. Cars these days have so many bells and whistles. I remember my first car was a novelty because it had a choke! That is right, manual pull button for the petrol to flood the engine ready for take-off. Now cars have buttons to start them. I remember when I first drove my husband’s car. For the life of me I couldn’t work out how to start it. It was a button, how hard can it be?

There are tricks even with the simplest of tasks. Foot on the brake before pushing the button in this case.  Of course, safety first!

I drive my husband’s car when he is away. It has all the bells and whistles and alarms… Too close to something – BEEP BEEP.

Seatbelt not on – BEEP BEEP

The other day though the beeping had me baffled. I drove a short distance and the BEEPING not only started, but wouldn’t stop. My belt was on, I was definitely not too close to anything and yet the BEEPING kept going. I stopped and checked the instrument panel. No lights were on. I turned off the car, waited, and then re started it. That fixes being right?

Nope – I again went a short distance and the BEEPING BEEPING started up. I was baffled.

I sat thinking expensive repairs were on the cards, when I looked down and realised the passenger seat belt sign was flashing. It’s kind of ambiguous on the centre dash and hence why it wasn’t obvious. SO my BEEPING was actually caused by – and yes I’m embarrassed to admit it -my over loaded handbag!!!

That’s a whole post right there – what we as mums carry around…

• I love technology but my partners car does the same. I remember loading the front seat with a bag of items that needed to be posted and his car beeped at me all the way to the post office. It wasn’t until the bag was removed from the seat n I was on my way home that I realised the silly car wanted me to put a seatbelt on the bag :-/

• this has happened so many times to me so I now put my bag on the floor!

• Its a love hate relationship for me technology is great but it can be so time consuming

• I love technology – it has made life easy with so much information available to us……

• I love technlogy, im a natural with it! but trying to delay my daughters introduction to it, kids need to be kids and explore the real world not a 7″ screen!

• This so made me laugh reminded me of going to the Drs with a sore shoulder. His prescription “clean our your bag”. i hate modern technology and i am happy to say it. My phone is a major mystery to me. The TV remote well i don’t even want to go there. Me and modern technology are like water and electricity we just dont mix!

• I love technology, so many great apps, navigation is great especially when your lost! But I also loathe as I am accused of being in the ipad or phone too much, not spending quality time with family!

• i love and hate technology i love that i can keep in contact with friends and family that are so far away but i do loath that i might have a slight dependence on it too :(

• Im living in the new age stone age!! Abit behind the times. Cars getting old -no plans to get a new one… Phone only an iphone 3! And im still in shock that theres now a 5!! And no plan to get a new phone either. I only update gadgets when theycannot be repaired.

• We have a brand new car we have had it for a few moths and all I can say, it BEEPS for everything and it’s driving me crazy….

• The BEEPS can drive you barmy! It is definitely a love hate relationship. So many things to make our lives easier but at the same time consuming of our time :)

• I know what you mean about beeps and noises in the car.My husbands car started beeping the other day and I could not figure out for the life of me what it was. I left the handbrake on and his handbrake light wasn’t working but the noise wouldn’t stop.

• I’ve had the beeping happen to me too – when I had a full and heavy shopping bag on the passenger seat!

• I love to loathe technology! There are so many things to love about it… I loathe that I need to call for help from my 14 year old to operate some elements of the tv/austar/dvd remotes. But I love the “just download an app for that”.