An image of two children walking hand in hand at the hospital that’s circulating social media is leaving users divided over whether it’s cute — or sexist.

The photo in question show what appears to be a little boy and a little girl walking together down a hospital hallway wearing similar colorful scrubs.

But while the blonde ponytailed little girl’s scrubs are pink and say ‘Nurse in Training’ on the back, the little boy’s are green and read ‘Doctor in Training.’

The picture was shared on Twitter by @TheMedicalShots and quickly went viral.

The image shows a little boy and a little girl holding hands at the hospital, shares Daily Mail.

‘This is cute, isn’t it?’ the account tweeted, adding a heart eyes emoji.

The tweet has been ‏liked over 20,000 times, but the comments were not so appreciative.

In fact, thousands of people claimed the image isn’t cute at all — it’s sexist.

‘No it’s not. Why isn’t she a Dr as well? Or why is the boy not a nurse?’ asked one.

‘The children are cute. The sexism on their backs is NOT,’ tweeted a woman named Deirdre Marie-Iha.

‘How did you tweet this from the year 1950?’ asked Jill Tatara.

‘It’s actually sexist as f*** and an inaccurate representation since, as of 2017, there are more women in medical school than men,’ added user @NotGeauxGabby.

‘To everyone saying “iTs NoT tHaT sErIoUS, tHeYrE jUsT kIdS.” WE KNOW! It’s not about the kids,’ wrote Cierra Williams.

‘It’s about the thought process behind the picture. It’s about people still feeling like when you see a man in scrubs & a woman in scrubs, y’all automatically assume he’s the doctor.’

Do you think it’s sexist?

Share your comments below

• Just let kids be kids. We make it something it really isn’t

• At some hospitals they both wear the same colour. Often blue.
    There doesn’t seem to be a lot of male nurses but there is plenty of female doctors.

• I think people will read into it what they will. Honestly, I would’ve given them both the SAME outfit. Boys can be nurses and girls can be doctors – in fact they can both be whatever they want!

• I think it is cute. I don’t see sexism in everything though.

• Maybe she said she wanted to be nurse and he said he wanted to be a Dr

• I find it extremely cute and not sexist!

• It’s cute. It wasn’t meant to start a fire storm of debate over gender roles.

• It sure is a cute pic if you leave all your political correctness at the door and just see the pic

• Someone always looking to be offended by something!

• You need more context kids follow their role models but of course you it would be nice to see two little Doctor in training.

• I see a cute picture of two kids. Yes boys can be nurses and yes girls can be doctors, but seriously, its a cute pic, I dont think they are trying to be sexist! I don’t understand why everyone now days has to look for a problem in everything and not just take things as they are?

• Nurse woman and man doctor… Yes, I agree that it’s sexist.

• Super cute pic. But I’m sorry it also irritated me. Gender roles being so clearly defined at that age please

• Oh my goodness… I hate that we have all got so politically correct we can’t just look at a cute photo and enjoy it for what it is !
    If they had it the other way around some people would think it’s reverse stereotyping..
    it’s a beautiful picture… enjoy it !!

• My first reaction was one of irritation. Why couldn’t they both be doctors in training, or nurses in training? Talk about gender sterotyping!