Hello!

42 Comments

A frightened mum rushed her daughter to Hospital this week, after she noticed an odd shaped bruise or rash on her chin.

Medical experts at Mackay Base Hospital ED examined the child’s chin and quickly diagnosed her with Ooshie-itis and Simba the Oosie was the culprit.

Simba had been suctioned to her daughter’s chin, causing the suspicious looking mark.

The bruise later disappeared and the little girl is expected to make a full recovery.

Not the first case either!

ED nurses at the Hospital admitted the Woolies collectables have been responsible for a few nasty bruises recently.

Has your child done the same? Share your comments below

  • Children will be children and silly things. Would not had thought that this could happen.

    Reply

  • I thought it was going to be from sucking them or something and getting sick from the toxic chemicals in them, never thought it would be self inflicted injury.

    Reply

  • Good to know, my eldest loves her ooshies but honestly if she ended up with a bruise, I would question her about it, but don’t think I’d go to hospital for it. My eldest daughter loves playing rough and getting up to trouble, pretty sure she has fresh bruises every day or every 2nd day.

    Reply

  • I have no words…

    Reply

  • Glad it was only a mark and nothing too serious. Kids always find ways to do some silly things.

    Reply

  • Oh gosh, the things kids do. Least it didn’t go in her mouth!

    Reply

  • I don’t understand… why was it suctioned onto her face. Is this what kids get up to?

    Reply

  • This is the most oddest article ive read lol

    Reply

  • At least it’s not a very dangerous problem!

    Reply

  • Lucky it was just a mark and nothing worse.

    Reply

  • Of course they do they have a hole in them!


    • Exactly! This sort of things has happened with other toys.

    Reply

  • it can suck your skin into it if you are not careful!

    Reply

  • This happening didn’t even cross my mind but kids are kids and little things like this happen

    Reply

  • This does occur with toys that can cause suction – so care always needs to be taken with toys.

    Reply

  • I actually got a bit worried reading the heading of this article but what a relief it wasn’t something viral.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

You May Like

Loading…

Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join